Thursday 13 September 2012

MATTE PAINTING

13/09/2012

Todays class started neil gave us a brief view about matte painting and concept art. In the class neil showed us a powerpoint presentation different points of how and what is matte painting and concept art. Then he told us to find a digital art or matte painting talk about it( i mean what is my view of point to the art) I did select a picture


This is a pic from matte painting.org web site.This pic is a final part of a digital tutorial. I like the  way that they used to create this image this is not a photograph this is actual digital drawing.After that neil started the short brief. We need to make a actual digital image in photoshop,The brief asking to create a destroyed city. I find out some images from internet some real city's

The image I showing above is very inspiration to me, I will try to draw some thing on to my own project. Idid look at some other matte paintings that have buildings destroyed in it. 
 I made a indesign research document for what is matte painting

http://mattepainting.org/

For my project I will use photoshop. There is many different type of softwares that can used for to create matte painting
corel painter
autodesk sketchbook



I started in photoshop with a main image of a city from real world (photograph of a city) I searched on google to get the wright image. I find out london city skyscraper image will suite for the project .

Later on I started to  do the destroyed city on this image also added some other images with buildings in it and made some duplicate buildings like we did before on the dubai buildings last day.

I going to show some images that will later  see in final picture

 This is the image of burj khalifa  from dubai. I going to make only a copy of the building from this picture and add it to my london city picture this will make a different new city look.
This is picture of famous 9/1 disaster I am thinking to use this picture to my work because this will make a feeling that the city is destroyed.





The bottom image is my final piece of work for this destroyed city project. i added a new road to it i drawn my self Inspired from the early matte painting.Also I did made a space Ship that flying through the city make a feeling of alien war.

No comments:

Post a Comment